The book has been jointly published by Modlingua and the Indian Translators Association.
The book talks about how translators have always played a pivotal role in social and cultural change in society and how they continue to play a major role in dissemination of the ever expanding knowledge and information available today. In this globalized world the demand for translation and language related services has increased many times and that translation is not only needed for the creation of national identity but it has also become an essential tool for keeping pace with the processes of globalization and localization. Many times we take for granted the translator's crucial role at the (intra) national level and we are less aware of their equally pivotal place as mediators at the international level and, potentially, in the creation of the even larger and comprehensive global supra national identities which seem destined to follow in the future.
The book also covers how translation has played crucial role in shaping up nations not only in Indian/Asian context but also in the context of Europe, Canada, Africa, Australia and Arab world. Hence, in a way, the extent/range of thoughts/issues discussed in the book, encompass the entire globe. The book is also an attempt to find answers to issues like:
- What role has translation played in Nation Building in the Indian as well as global context?
- How easy or difficult is it to view Translation and Nation Building as a well-gelling couple?
- Did translation play a role in Turkish modernism movements and its accession to European Union?
- What about Translation and Nation Building in the African, Arabian and Australian contexts?
- Do national conflicts and language politics actually impact literary works and translations?
- How can media play an effective part in bringing social changes by means of translations?
- How has translation impacted the discourse on nationalism and globalization in the Arab World?
The book can be utilized as a guiding base/reference tool/textbook by:
- Students of language learning and its theory; translation studies; literature.
- Research scholars working in areas related to translation, nationalism, globalization, international studies, etc.
- Professors, teachers involved in teaching the above mentioned subjects/topics.
Digital as well as Printed version available at Modlingua, K-5B, Lower Ground Floor, Kalkaji, New Delhi -110019
SMS: +91-8287636881 E-mail: email@example.com
ISBN Printed Version: 978-81-926798-0-8; ISBN Digital Version: 978-81-926798-1-5. Price within India INR 395, outside India US $ 24.95. Payment option available through Paypal. Contact:
K-5B, Lower Ground Floor
Kalkaji, New Delhi -110019
Web: www.modlingua.comSMS: +91-8287636881 Skype: ravikumar.net
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/modlingua